Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Testing Testing 1...2...3...

Okay, so here goes nothing. I'm starting this new blog to eventually promote my Etsy store and my items on ebay. I figured it would be a good idea to at least post a testing blog first to familiarize myself with the process.

I sell unique handmade items on etsy (of course!) and all kinds of swell things on ebay. Usually vintage items or clothing lots. I haven't decided yet if I want to sell my handcrafted items on ebay or not. I suppose I would have to open a store if I did. I'm not sure how many times I'd have to relist on auctions, especially during the Summer months.

I haven't even started stocking my etsy store. I took a crafting break for a while to devote my time to my family but it's finally getting to the point where I can create and spend time with children and husband. You have to love the warm weather for that reason alone.

It's also time to start getting the ole' garden into shape and start my seedlings. I'm very big on organically grown veggies. I have a pressure canner that I'm going to muster up the courage to use this year. We are also getting a deep freeze for the garage. I cannot even begin to tell you how sad I was when the last of the tomatoes were eaten and there were no new ones to replace them. I was so spoiled. If I felt like a snack or a salad all I had to do was wander outside, pick it, rinse it and then eat it. Yum!

I've spent the last few days starting my compost and clearing all of the ick from the garden so that soil is happy and fresh and ready for my plants. I've contemplated doing a flower garden this year as well but it seems the only success I have in growing flowers would be to cultivate the prettier weeds. It's a shameful thing indeed! It would be nice to be able to walk out my front door and have a yard full of gladiola's, fuchsia's, snapdragons and the like to photograph or sketch. We do have deer, mice and bunnies though. Plenty of pictures of them eating our veggies!

The most important thing to happen in my life this past week would be my baby brother getting married. I couldn't be there as it was one of those "on a whim" type of things. They called me less than a month ago and said "We're getting married on a beach in Florida, can you come?" Sadly, no. I bawled my eyes when they e-mailed me the pictures. I wanted to with them something awful. My sis in law Carrie looked gorgeous and my baby brother Jason was just bursting with happiness. I love them so much, I'm thrilled they're so happy and in love.

Okay, I've probably typed more than enough for a "testing" blog so I'm out of here to do my daily "needs to be done, wish I had a housekeeper/live in nanny/mother's helper" type of things.

No comments: