Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Long and Highly Unproductive Day.

Okay, so I've spent the entire day it seems getting my new Shop up and running. Well, okay maybe just up. I can't really say it's running yet. In fact claiming it's up is still stretching it.
If you want to check it out follow the link below. We're now paperflowersdesign.com. Yay me!


Hey! I'm trying though, that should count for something. I think I'm going to keep my blog here though because I really like the format more. I'll use the blog I've set up over there specifically for Shop announcements and that sort of thing.

So here are a couple of things I have to share with you before I call it a night. The first one is a picture of the monster sized sunflower that sprouted in the middle of my garden this year. Smack dab in the center of a mulched pathway. I guess I have a soft spot for wayward flowers because I decided to let it grow there rather than transplanting the little guy or *gasp* weeding it out.

Obviously that was before I knew it was going to be over 11 feet tall with blooms almost twice the size of my head. I would have still left it had I known in advance. Obviously it's now spent for the season but rather than harvesting the seeds I think I'll leave them for the birds. I'm going to miss seeing it in all of it's grandeur every time I walk that way.

It still makes quite an impression though, even now. Dont'cha think?



The second thing happens to be a couple of shots of what I spent the day doing last week on my Birthday. Yes, I'm old(er). But I'm sure you are too so "nyah nyah" (said whilst sticking my fingers in my ears and poking my tongue out in a thoroughly obnoxious manner).

We made Apple Butter!

Don't worry, we don't store it on the window sill. That wouldn't be good for it. It just made for a good artsy fartsy photo op. We actually keep it in the poor unused and neglected dishwasher next to our fully by now fermented strawberry jam.


At least that's where we keep it when we aren't giving it away to friends and relatives. Or eating it on a peanut butter and apple butter sandwich. Yummy. It's the kidlets favorite lunch right along with yogurt mixed with granola and dried fruit. With all the giving and eating of the butter we're already running low. Looks like we'll be heading down the road to the local orchard for a bushel or three of apples.


No comments: